Mission & Aims
The ESCAPE-NET project is an ambitious 5 year project with 16 partners that aims to bring major breakthroughs in research by harmonizing and combining the largest existing European SCA databases and enabling collaborative research work on sudden cardiac arrest. The European Commission has provided approximately ten million Euro in funding to this project.
The platform will consist of:
- joint database containing Europe’s largest SCA population cohorts allowing the best utilization of the data with comprehensive ICT solutions for data sharing,
- prediction model for SCA predisposition based on a range of criteria including inherited, acquired, and environmental risk factors and
- evidenced-based advice report describing the optimal first-response treatment strategy and associated infrastructure.
BC platforms’ primary role in this project is to deliver a data integration platform facilitating data availability queries and data analytics for ESCAPE-NET scientists in different countries. BC Platforms will also evaluate a commercialization model for keeping biobank active after the initial project funding ends.
BC Platforms is a world leader in providing powerful genomic data management and analysis solutions to address some of the biggest healthcare challenges today by leveraging the convergence of genomics and healthcare information technologies. Our high performing genomic data management platform enables flexible data integration, secure analysis and interpretation of molecular and clinical information. BC Platforms’ vision is to revolutionize decision making in drug development to bring clinical benefits to patients. Founded in 1997, the Company has a strong scientific heritage underpinned by 20 years of working in close collaboration with a network of leading researchers, developers, manufacturers and vendors.
We currently provide solutions to over 60 leading international institutions in 19 countries including top-tier academic and hospital research groups, major pharmaceutical and agricultural companies. Our management team consists of industry leaders with over 100 years of combined experience in life sciences, computational biology and industrial technology. BC Platforms has global operations with its headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, research and development located in Helsinki, Finland, and sales and marketing based in London, Boston, and Vancouver.
- International Genetic Epidemiology Society (IGES) annual meeting 2013: “Challenges in the imputation and data analysis of very large genotype-to-phenotype projects” (poster)
- American Society of Human Genetics annual meeting 2013: “Novel set of bioinformatics tools for performing distributed downstream data analysis in very large GWAS and NGS projects” (poster)
- HandsOnBiobank 2015: “Dataflow management on biobanks collecting whole-genome data from hundreds of thousands of subjects annually” (poster)